Going to be cooking a lot with these vegan meatballs. As I went into Subway today with my friend, instead of ordering the usual veggie patty sub, I decided to go home and make my own meatball sub. It’s delicious and makes me happy that no animals are being harmed. I had a side salad as well.
1. Bread of your choice. (I chose a West Indian bread.)
2. Vegan Meatballs
3. Cheese of your choice
4. Toppings of your choice
5. Pasta Sauce
6. Virgin Olive Oil
7. Garlic Seasoning
9. Baking pan
1. Preheat your oven to 345 degrees
2. In a medium skillet, pour in a little olive oil. Wait until it gets a little warm then pour in the pasta sauce. Season a little bit of salt and garlic seasoning.
3. Add the meatballs after the sauce starts boiling. Cook for 5 minutes, you don’t want to burn the pasta sauce.
4. Turn off the stove and set the meatballs aside.
5. Cut your bread vertically to your desired length. Make sure that you have enough meatballs to fit inside of it.
6. Then, cut the bread horizontally. Cut off excess bread inside so that your meatballs call fit in the bread.
7. Glaze the insides of the bread with olive oil then sprinkle a little bit of the garlic seasoning.
8. Place the meatballs on top of the bottom piece of bread. Cover your meatballs with cheese.
9. Place the sub on a baking pan then leave them in the oven for 10 minutes. Do not cover the sub, leave the top part of the bread separated.
10. Once you have taken them out, cover the meatballs with pasta sauce.
11. You can eat them this way or top them with any toppings of your choice. I topped mine with lettuce, honey mustard, and mayonnaise. Usually I would top mine with banana peppers as well, but I didn’t add them this time.
You may now place the top part of the bread to finish your sub. Enjoy. 🙂
– Cryssie ❤