Love the skin that you’re in, sunshine.
Society’s “ideal” image is none of my concern and it shouldn’t be anyone’s concern either. It’s not my business to judge others and quite frankly I can care less about judgments. I’ve written a post, “Practice Self Love Daily” and how I used to be bullied. With time I eventually practiced self love. We all need to learn to love who we are both on the inside and out. We must learn to build each other up instead of tearing each other down.
Every time I take a break to go on social media, all I’m reading about lately is about body shaming. From being too thin or too big. Too much of something and never enough to be just right. When will people learn that judgement is like poison on the tongue from the snake that does not even have hands to cleanse himself? I can’t do anything about one’s opinion except pray for them, but what I can do is help those who need a little push or a simple reminder.
1. Never stoop down to their level.
2. Kill with kindness. If someone says something nasty about you, simply act with kindness and pray for them.
3. You are in charge of how you feel, if a comment hurts your feelings then you just have to tell that emotion to take a hike or go on vacation.
4. Look in that mirror and tell that man/woman that you love them. Start writing what you like about yourself, it helps. I used to write sticky notes to motivate me and then placed them onto my mirror so that it reminded me to smile whenever I felt overwhelmed or down about something.
5. Be(YOU)tiful. You know who you are, keep your chin up and walk with confidence.
– Cryssie ❤